The Miami Beach EDITION is positioned in Miami’s Midbeach, the heart of Miami Beach. Its fantastic location next to bustling shopping destinations such as Lincoln Road Mall, Fifth & Alton, and Bayside Marketplace make The EDITION one of the best destinations for people that are used to the life of luxury. The hotel, which opened in 2014, combines sophisticated style and comfort with panoramic ocean
At the time of writing, the property is considered one of the most luxurious hotels in the city. Inside, rooms have high ceilings and skylights, stone tile floors, exotic hardwood floors, and the occasional $15k+ item scattered around them. One of Miami’s most interesting buildings, the hotel boasts a beautiful pool, bowling alley, and a fine-dining restaurant, helmed by a celebrity chef. Of course, all of the above is only the tip of the iceberg. Talking about all the things that make EDITION such a popular destination would take up half the page. What we are going to do instead is focus on the biggest pros and cons before letting you decide if it’s actually worth the price of admission.
The Miami Beach EDITION: Pros & Cons
Let’s start with the pros and they are as follows:
- Beachfront with great vistas.
- Comfy rooms with an abundance of natural light, ocean views, and balconies.
- 2 pools with a full service that includes fresh beverages and food.
- Midbeach area, meaning you’re only a quick cab ride away from the most exciting establishments of South Beach.
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten is very good at what he does: Matador’s food is consistently fantastic.
- Free Wi-Fi for all guests; the connection speed is fast, which should make surfing the web a breeze.
- The basement area hosts a night club, a bowling alley, and an ice skate rink.
- Several great options for people that enjoy bars, both indoor and outdoor.
- 24/7 fitness center with full service and complimentary classes.
As for the cons:
- Daily resort fee.
- No free coffee and/or tea.
- Several services are clearly overpriced.
- Not all rooms have balconies.