The luxury Fisher Island Hotel & Resort is located on an exclusive private island and is a great option for guests that seek privacy, security and world-class amenities, which include a fine dining Italian restaurant, live piano bar, all-day dining restaurant, self-serve indoor pool and a world-class spa. Travels arrive via a round-the-clock ferry ride. Down below, we are going to discuss the best things about Fisher Island Hotel & Resort, so get ready.
Fisher Island Hotel & Resort: Pros & Cons
Here are the biggest advantages of Fisher Island Hotel & Resort:
- It was built on a private island, which means you’re going to get amazing, unobstructed views of Biscayne Bay.
- Rich history: the island was created by William Kissam Vanderbilt II.
- The rooms, suites, and villas are all well-designed.
- The facilities are top notch. For instance, there is a spa, two huge pools, 10 dining options, close to 20 different tennis courts, etc.
- Each room has either a private terrace or balcony.
- Many different dining options are available, ranging from fancy to casual.
- 24/7 ferry that can quickly take you to the mainland.
- If you’re not a big fan of staying only at the hotel, then you can still enjoy all the amenities and activities on the island.
- There’s a Kids Club.
- Free property-wide Wi-Fi access.
- You can use the services of a psychologist and a dietician that can help you to re-adjust your fitness goals for the duration of the stay. You can book classes with a personal golf trainer or take your fitness routine to another level by attending private training sessions.
The cons include:
- Fitness center does NOT work around the clock, which makes it problematic for some of the guests to stick to their workout routine.
- There is only a limited amount of yacht parking on the island, but the parking rates are very reasonable.
- The tennis courts are closed at certain hours for maintenance purposes.
- You have to take a ferry to leave the island, which might cause some serious inconvenience.
- You may not want to bring pets. There is no dog-friendly section.